Happy Gardening...

We have created this blog to keep everybody up to date and informed about the Paradise 4th Produce a Plenty Project. We would love everyone to add pics to the blog so email them to me with a description or story to go along with it and I will update the blog so everyone else can enjoy the progress and fun experiences of the garden. My email is barrelracingbina@yahoo.com. Thanks Sabrina Whalen

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pruning Info from Brother Gill




I was out visiting ward members the other day and noted that many have unpruned trees for the season. To get the full benefit and productivity from our fruit trees, they really need regular pruning and a spray program.


I am not a certified arborist, but I have taken several courses and have pruned my and others for many years. I am not really good on trees that people like maintained very tall, as I tend to keep the trees I prune at a more manageable height for maintenance and harvest. I would be willing to be on a pruning resource commitee to help those that are unable to prune their fruit trees. Would each of you check with friends and neighbors to see who may need this service. Fruit and berries should be a major part of our garden project this summer.


Also please let me or Dave Hebdon know if you would be willing to help out as a pruner as well.

No comments: