Happy Gardening...

We have created this blog to keep everybody up to date and informed about the Paradise 4th Produce a Plenty Project. We would love everyone to add pics to the blog so email them to me with a description or story to go along with it and I will update the blog so everyone else can enjoy the progress and fun experiences of the garden. My email is barrelracingbina@yahoo.com. Thanks Sabrina Whalen

Friday, July 16, 2010

Garden Response

Wow, Wow and double wow. I couldn't believe the ward's response to the call to help with the garden. Beth and I went over about 6:00 pm Tuesday evening thinking the five or six we gave a personal invite would show up. But low and behold when we got there the Derricotts were busy weeding the onions. She was shortly joined by Emily Williams, sister Bytendorf, Danny Jones, Grant Rawlins and grandkids, Sis Clark, a whole slew of energetic young women and their leaders quickly joined us... Patricia Tinney put in an appearance as well as did bro Jensen who married the Havialnd girl. Steve Carey put in some long hours as well as many many others that I couldn't keep an accurate count of Beth and I counted over forty different individuals who joined us that evening. What a glorious experience it was. Several of the novice gardeners had multiple questions of the more seasoned gardeners. We took groups through a tour of the garden sharing master gardening tips for each of the crops being raised. There was much fellowshipping and friendshipping going on. . Not only was there a great spirit present, but a huge amount of work was accomplished. Virtually all the crops received some weeding. Some was very thorough others at least controlled the worst. Beans and tomatoes were trained to grow on the trellis as were the cucumbers, Fertilizer was applied to the corn, squash and peppers.

At evenings end the Lord must have been very proud of the stewardship of his garden and the faithful efforts of the laborers. I sat in my wheel chair with tears in my eyes. Not only because I was limited in my ability to contribute but because of the true love of Christ that was displayed that wonderful evening. I can only imagine the spirit that the individuals and families carried home that evening.

In addition to those in attendance this evening it was brought to my attention that many other families are going by at times that better met their needs, Although we had a marvelous year last year, I truly believe we are on target to o surpass the efforts and produce from last year this year.

Please warmly thank all those who are contributing and sharing and keep up the encouragement to o even further lengthen their stride.

No comments: